Wednesday, November 21, 2012

If troubles mean you are alive, be thankful.

"Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

An alien idea for many in this day and time. An alien idea in his own.
I believe it, unutterably.

So many things that have hurt, changed me, grown me, left me helpless, have led to today. So I give thanks to all things.

A hurricane isn't evil, or a nor'Easter, nor a drought.That can hurt majorly. What I think is, it calls into our reserves to be better, to help one another. I believe in evil but not the devil. Evil is simply caring nothing for other lives. And more.

I give thanks that many of us do care. I give thanks for families that care, and am fortunate to be among them. All year long, good things happen to and for me. I don't make them happen, they just come. All I have to do is accept them. So it is nice to have a day to be thankful. If it isn't happening to you? Sorry. You aren't looking. Or listening. I am sorry.

I whine and bitch a lot. Did over this Thanksgiving, then decided what I wanted to do for this Thanksgiving,and Bingo! There's that thankful feeling.

If you have a comfortable and loving place to be, bless you.

If you are looking for your "Bingo", don't worry. All you have to do is recognize it.
If you are lucky Bingo will be wearing a red rose in its teeth.

1 comment:

clairz said...

That's what I believe, too. You only have to recognize the good things. Happy Thanksgiving, Charlotte.