Thursday, August 8, 2013

It is hard to close doors.
Today I am doing so.
The friend of a friend who just died sent a beguiling text of dog poems. Charming.
But I remember when she wasn't so charming over my good friend's death.
I called a friend who knew none of us but me.
And I trust her.
She said she saw no good coming to me, but harm could happen.
Why do we call people and work through problems if we aren't going to follow through?

Never mind. I'm following through. that means I do nothing, the hardest thing of all. I might have been able to do this on my own, but I am so thankful for her friendship. I don't have siblings. She does. She doesn't have children, and I do. The love balance evens out.

We are thankful for each other.

Doing nothing is so hard to do, but it is the right thing, plus focusing on the positive.

No comments: