Sunday, July 22, 2012

Bad Things Happen. Life is Good.

Safety is a real perception.

When I was younger, I would never have dreamed of mayhem in a movie theater in Colorado.

People have gone on to see the movie, figuring the mayhem is over, and apparently so. I would have bet that way.

We are in a time of great change.

Safety has always been a perception, unblemished for many.

I still remember less than 30 years ago hearing neighbors talking about not locking their doors because our neighborhood was so safe. At the same time, I personally was on emergency lockdown,looking for bad guys who had threatened my husband's life, his wife, his family, for doing his job in the District Attorney's office. I just smiled. We were at risk, not them. So I never said anything.

Nothing happened, but I did not feel safe. My doors were locked. 

Nothing happened.

I remember, many may be too young, when the Tylanol poisonings occurred. As a result, we have all this plastic and shrinkwrap today. I guess it works so far.

More people exist  every year. More insanity. More ways  to hurt each other.

I can love, but I can't prevent the bad stuff, and I don't  choose to fear the bad stuff. Oh. There always is going to be bad stuff.

Worse stuff to come, probably.

I still have my community, my church my family, my home, my dogs, my garden. Lots to love without worrying about any of it.  Bet most of you can say part of the same.

No comments: