Saturday, May 24, 2014

Once More Into The Fray

Hmmm. When Matt G. did this, I could see previous drafts. And I have just a few unposted ones.

You know how when you've been burned touching the stove a number of times, you don't want to touch the stove?  or maybe not even cook?

That's how I feel today.

Hopeful,  sorta like being 9 years old and hoping Santa comes, but knowing your folks don't have the money.

But to quote some successful people, "It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, it matters how many times you get up. (even if you need a geek son on speed dial to do it.)"

I attended a library board meeting last night and had to park way down at the end of the lot by the dumpsters, because all the parking spaces were taken by parents and kids attending the two baseball games in the athletic fields behind the library.  I had to laugh to myself.

I conscientiously guided my sons into soccer. I didn't WANT to watch baseball. ;Ever. I realize that is a character flaw. I didn't encourage their love of  high level jazz (they found that on their own) or opera, either.

The people at those games want their children to be good students, but I bet seeing their children sit around reading books would make them nervous.

I will never be a techno-geek.Some of that technology feels a little too much like watching baseball. But I am a proud geek in my way. We've always been around, in every generation.

Geek is just the present word I know.

You youngers probably have another word by now I will learn in a few years.

Let's see if this posts. 

No comments: