Monday, January 13, 2014

New year, new expectations

It is a new year.  I asked someone recently which came first: man's concept of time, or immortality?

Time must have come first.  Interesting to imagine or know how that developed.

I have a list of stuff to do this week. On Monday, I am already way behind. But I have six more days.

I used to be a list person. I still am.

I just don't always get it done on the day I scheduled. Maybe, as I keep this going, I will get back to being on time.

So far, to the gym twice, once to sing. Good. Now do more. Yes, I hope to lose weight, too, but I targeted the two areas of well-being I wasn't attending. Figure if I've got these two going, I will be more active, eat better, and get healthier. Weight comes off when it comes off. Sure will be happy when it does.

A whole, new, 12-month year. What a treasure.

I've written down stuff to do. Maybe I need to write down goals. Just writing it down and getting some of it done covers most of it.

But I wouldn't mind the applause when I lose the first 5 pounds.

1 comment:

clairz said...

I love my gym! We have been going since November, and when I went to the doctor we found that I had lost four pounds over the holidays! I feel stronger and fitter and stand and walk taller. A lot of aches and pains have just disappeared. Keep it up, maybe we can compare notes in a few months. I'm willing to do anything to make sure I don't turn out to be one of those people who join the gym then quit going after a bit.