Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Truth? Truth? Who Among You Will Say What It Is?

Who we trust and who we don't is paramount.

If you trust Biker News, and I trust Snopes, we have a problem. Especially when I think my sources are better.

No, two million bikers are not thundering down on DC. Even 2,000? Don't think that many.

Muslims, much less one million, did not get permission to march in the streets. An ecumenical park gathering is arranged. No idea how many.

The President doesn't orchestrate who marches through Washington, DC. The National Park Service does. For reasons why they refused the bikers, check records. I am not going to replicate.

I think a huge number of civics classes for persons 60 and under are warranted. How the uh, heck, do we expect to hold on to freedom when we don't even know how  our country works?

And I have no idea how a traffic jam of motorcycles impeding citizens about their business says anything about God Bless America.
By the way, I don't want to have a military imperative on Syria. It sounds familiar. But worse than Iraq. And that's why we don't want to do it.

We are so mixed up. We are so angry, looking for targets. Not to shoot up, just to yell at.

I keep looking for peace, and friends. Hope you can do also.

1 comment:

clairz said...

I am so tired of divisive raving cable news stories. We only watch PBS now for news, but that is so depressing that I stay two rooms away when it's on. I like your idea of civics classes, and would add that there should be critical thinking classes for all. I am so disappointed when kids I knew in school (when I was librarian, teaching about media issues) parrot the stupid rants they hear, instead of thinking them through and yes, seeking out what might be the truth.