Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Trying to Live True without Assumptions.

Is it texting, do you think?

I have never seen so many arguments based on points of view people THINK they are arguing with the other, but they aren't.

Gun control is the most direct, but even that has so many issues and side effects and lifestyles. I understand there are people on the east coast who can't understand why a rancher an hour or more away from a police officer might need a gun to kill a rattlesnake, a skunk making off with the eggs, a bobcat making off with a chicken. They might not even understand why.

At the same time, I can understand people in rural areas snarling back, "Don't you even see us?" and then there are the other issues. It is never straightdforward anymore.

Abortion. One argues north-south, the other east-west. Neither gets it they aren't arguing the same argument. they aren't.

Immigration.

Climate control.

Economics.

Water conservation.

It is all cacaphony anymore.

So many with a stand to take.

We don't get much news. We get a lot of opinions, a lot of gossip. It is hard to find news.

I am a Christian. I believe in God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost. Can't tell you why, always, but I do. So you presume I believe in heaven and hell. Nope. Pretty much don't.
You think I believe Christians are the only ones going to the aforesaid doubtful heaven or hell. Nope, I don't. See, like everything else, there are all flavors.

I am frustrated because I can't stand for anything any more without folks who know nothing about me putting me in a demographic and assuming how I think or feel or vote. So usually, I keep silent more and more. And that feels like cowardice.

But I can act. I can walk my walk. I can do what I can when I can.

I've always been a talker. Maybe it is time to shut up and just do.

What do you think?

2 comments:

J.R.Shirley said...

I haven't said much, recently. But I do feel an obligation to say something sometimes.

charlotte g said...

So seldom do I have a relvant comment. I read you, too. I am glad you are there. I will be happier when you are stateside again. I value you.