Monday, May 24, 2010

A Moving Experience (couldn't resist the pun)

Things have been busy. I'm packing boxes. My sons are renting a truck Thursday and moving me. This week a man from my church is painting the inside--tan walls, white woodwork, to go with the hardwood floors. He may have to suspend a day to let our hustle and bustle take over.

I wonder how long it will take to UNpack? But it's coming along. I'm disappointed that the temperature is predicted to be mid-90s, but then, it IS almost Memorial Day. It only goes up from here, which is why family is planning to blow in more insulation in the attic ASAP.

So much to do. It really is a nice little house, and I am happy to have all these things to do.

I won't be online until after. Maybe a week or two. Huh. and my computer has Microsoft XP which needs to be updated before July 13. There's always something, isn't there?

When we are happy, that fact is security.

3 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

We've moved 14 times since we were married in the early '70's. I sometimes think that if we hadn't, we might be on the "Horders" show on TV! Moving helps to clear things out and keep you focused on what you really need. Soon you'll have that great feeling of knowing everything you own is in its correct place and it's all neat and tidy. I just love that "just moved in and completed unpacking" feeling! And you are right...it really doesn't ever end, especially when it comes to computers!

J.R.Shirley said...

May you love the new house! :-)


I hate moving...

clairz said...

You must be so busy right now. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and wondering how all the unpacking is going.