Monday, April 8, 2013

Comfort music

I don't know how many of you are into lullabies. My grandchildren are almost grown.
Still.
Trout Fishing in America is a duo that has been touring since...well, since I was 40 years younger. An I don't know how they do that....except I really love to sing. So maybe that is a shadow understanding.

So much is funny. Still, they have this lullaby that is so comforting and sweet I play when life seems discombobulated. I still remember hearing it at the memorial for a 17-year-old girl who wanted to be a doctor. Since then, when I deal with more pain than I am comfortable with, I listen to it.

For me, it's a God-thing. It doesn't have to be. It is comforting.
I don't know how to give it to you except: Trout Fishing in America: Lullaby.

1 comment:

J.R.Shirley said...

Maybe a shadow understanding is the best we can hope for in anything, my friend.